Present for the Administration: Capt. Dorsey, Lt. Ericsen, Sgt. Taylor, CCI Morgan, Debra Sheldon
Time/Location: Admin. Bd. – H-Unit, Fri., 11-14-08
Topics of Discussion: Inmates must be on the movement sheet for 6:20 programs (Ranch will be escorted).
Problem with lists not making it to WP 13 was discussed.
Inmate/staff and staff/inmate lack of respect – along with incidents of inmates being verbally abused by staff.
Possible staff retaliation for 602’s (Capt. Dorsey gave personal assurances that he would handle any retaliation).
- Dorsey objected strenuously to inmates submitting pre-typed/mass produced 602’s (Dorsey says that staff will respond with pre-typed/mass produced replies.
- Administration says that religious services will be duplicated and offered in H-Unit (has not happened as of yet).
- Staff reports that in January portable units for medical services will be set-up in the area below Tower 9.
- Morgan addressed the issue of high control parolees leaving on Mondays instead of Fridays (issue to be decided by inmate’s agent).
- Dorsey says that phones will be repaired (dorms have reported subsequent improvement in number of working phones).
- Taylor says that he will address the problem of slow release from chow hall in the morning (no improvement has been noted).
- Council brought up the repair of beds – staff response was that work repair orders are as much as a year behind
- Slow pace of pill call lines in H-Unit was discussed (two lines are now being employed with some improvement noted).
- Meeting was adjourned